It occurred to me that some people are still writing their blog post from WordPress, that is so last year. I also realized, while reading Hugh McGuire question, that TextMate is really powerful for blogging. I’ve been using it for quite some time now but didn’t realize until now all the tiny features I use while blogging. Here’s a short screencast of how I use TextMate to post to my blog.
TextMate blogger useful shortcuts
- ^⌥⇧B – Switch to Blog bundle
- ⇧⌘: – Spell check
- ^⌥⌘ – Preview
- ^⌘ – Publish
- title[tab] – Snippet for post title
- cat[tab] – Fetch the list of categories
- ^⇧L – Turn highlighted text into a link (also fetch the page title!)
- ^⇧⌘L – Search current text in Google and turn into a link
- ⌘B – Make current text bold
- ⌘I – Make current text italic
- ^⌘T – Search through Bundle items (and shortcuts)
- ^⇧⌥⇧⌘⌥X – Do absolutely nothing
Gary got another list of useful shortcuts in TextMate.
How do you write your blog posts ?