Are you using e-mail to share links with your friends and coworkers ? Soooooo 2006 !
But you don’t want to use digg, reddit or delicious because you want to keep it private and pertinent. Sadly none of these are open-source.
- built on Camping, the 4K framework by _why
- open source
- about 400 LOC, so easy to hack
- easy to install
- tag, rss, ajax buzzword compliant
- easy to use (has a one-click-submit shortcut that you can put in your toolbar)
- relying on your own Apache/LDAP/Whatever authentication (no extra login)
- cool because I said so!!!
gem install camping --source http://code.whytheluckystiff.net svn co http://code.macournoyer.com/svn/linkr/trunk linkr cd linkr rake server
Installing with FastCgi is pretty easy too, check the README file.
[EDIT] Due to popular request (heri), a demo version is now live at http://linkr.macournoyer.com. But it runs on CGI, so super slow, I didn’t manage to install it with FastCGI on my DreamHost account. But I swear, It was a lot easier on our dedicated StandoutServer™ with the one line ScriptAlias directive! Plus, note that because it’s designed to be used in your intranet there’s no login page, it usually uses Apache environment variable to set the current user, so the demo version will stay as anonymous.